So in Relief Soceity we were given a packet 14 days ago, and challenged to dedicate the following 14 days to walking with our Savior and getting to know Him on a deeper level.
It was literally one of the most amazing expierences of my life. I have such a greater appreciation for Him and for all that He has done for me. I know without a doubt He is my Heavenly brother and He loves and cares about me deeply. He knows what pains and trials I go through, He sees my joys, He knows my hopes and fears. I loved the begining statement to this whole endeavor... "The only way that we can truly know another person is to walk in their shoes-think what they think, learn what they know, and understand what they say, do what they would do. Christ said, "Be ye therefore perfect." We can only accomplish this as we become like Him."
The last 14 days have been amazing, they weren't all that easy some of them have been the greatest trials I have had to this point. I had my heart broken, I have let down my family yet again, I have lost my dog (sorta), and I came to realize I have a lot of work to do before I can even imagine trying to be in some form of a relationship with someone, I have found many of my weaknesses and have come to the knowledge that there is no possible way I could ever do this on my own. I have learned so much from the past two weeks though. There is going to be trial and tribulation in all things that is how we develop Christ like attributes in order that we may more fully understand the price that He paid for us, and so we may be able to return and live with Him again one day.
Although this time has been hard in my life I have grown a greater appreciation for this gospel I have learned so much and I am so grateful for this experience. I am so lucky to have the life that I have. To be able to face the trials and challenges I have been given in life.
I love this time of year when everyone comes to realize what is REALLY important in our lives. I now know why we save Christmas until the very end of the year. We all need time to focus on what really matters in life every year, and by saving it til this time it renews our hope, and reaffirms our convictions of truth. :D MERRY CHRISTMAS, I HOPE THIS ONE IS THE BEST YET!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment