Sunday, December 21, 2008

Satan's Convention

Satan called a worldwide convention. In his opening address to his evil angels, he said, "We can't keep the Christians from going to church. We can't keep them from reading their Bibles and knowing the truth. We can't even keep them from the conservative values. But we can do something else. We can keep them from forming an intimate, abiding experience with Christ. If they gain that connection with Jesus, our power over them is broken. So let them go to church, let them have their conservative lifestyles, but steal their time, so they can't gain that relationship with Jesus Christ. This is what I want you to do, angels. Distract them from gaining hold of their Savior and maintaining that vital connection thoroughout their day!"
"How shall we do this?" shouted the angels.
"Keep them busy in the nonessentials of life and invent unnumbered shams to occupy their minds," he answered. "Tempt them to spend, spend, spend, spend, then borrow, borrow, borrow. Convince the wives to go to work and the husbands to work six to seven days a week, ten to twelve hours a day, so they can afford their lifestyles. Keep them from spending time with their children. As their family fragments, soon, their homes will offer no escape from teh pressure of work. Over-stimulate their minds so they cannot hear that still, small voice."
"Entice them to play the radio or music whenever they drive. Keep the TV, the VCR, CDs and the Internet going constantly in their homes. See to it that every store and restaurant in the world plays music constantly. This will jam their minds and break that union with Christ. Fill their coffee tables with magazines and newspapers. Pound their minds with the news 24 hours a day. Invade any other moments with order catalogues, every kind of newsletter and promotional offereings, free products, services and false hopes."
"Even in their recreation, let them be excessive. Have them return from their recreation exhausted and unprepared for the coming week. Don't let them go out in nature. Send them to amusement parks, sporting events, and concerts instead."
"And when they meet for spiritual fellowship, involve them in gossip and small talk so that they leace with troubled consciences and unsettled emotions. Let them be involved in good. But crowd their lives with so many good causes that they have no time sto seek the power from Christ. Soon they will be working using their own strength, sacrificing their health and family unity for the good of the cause."
It was quite a convention in the end. And all the evil angles went eagerly to their assignments causing Christians everywhere to get busy, busy, busy and rush here and there.

So I read this the other day and have been thinking about it ever since. Today I made a solemn promise to myself not to let anyone stand in my way of where I want to be in the end. I walked to and from church today, and it was so amazing, I mean I take the time to be out in nature whenever I get the chance normally but by making the concious decision to walk especially after church I had so much more time to think and ponder the day. And all I can say is WOW I love this gospel I am SO grateful for this church and for the blessing of having been born into the gospel for all that my Savior has done, and for the light I have been blessed to have. For my friends and my family who provide me with examples and strength every single day. I know my strength comes from my Savior and Heavenly Father and I know this is the true church I know that I need to take more time and ponder upon the important things in life rather than being so rushed I walk past the beauty of fresh snow, or beautiful blossoms. Thank you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So awesome! How very observant of you! Where did you find that quote?